Friday, August 20, 2010


Just getting back from clavicle surgery and loopy on anesthesia and pain meds. According to the doc, it went well, although it was a little more severe than anticipated with chunks of bone in there in addition to the dislocation. I am waiting for the pain meds to wear off so that can feel the full brunt of the operation, NOT!

I'm out of commission for a few days (docs orders), but can hopefully start light running again in 3 wks and sit on the trainer for light work in a day or two. Too much vibration won't allow the bones to set with the plates/screws. I might be pushing it to think I can do IMAZ in 12 wks, but we'll see!

My ex-wife, Brook, and kids will be helping me recover over the next few days and my parents come in over the weekend for even more support. I'm extremely fortunate to have such a great support network during my time of need. Thanks family!

Also, again - thank you everyone for your well wishes. My friends, colleagues, customers and athletes are my 'extended' cyber family, and I really appreciate your positive notes and goodwill. The endurance sports community is full of classy, caring and wonderful people!

Train smart and don't go over your handlebars :)

Coach Troy

5 comments:

  1. I hope you heal up super quick and that now the pain meds have worn off, it's not too painful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch - love your training DVDs - hoping for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once the pain meds wear off, you will know true pain...try to get off that stuff and onto some aleve..it works real well and you can be part of the human race instead of out in la la land. Start your rehab exercises asap. Work them through the pain.
    Continued success post-surgery!
    Cece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. The collarbone is feeling ok this morning after just a few ibuprofen. I'm going stir crazy already with my training restrictions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to put my training regime and disciplines into my rehab exercises...just a little tweak! LOL. My surgeon took my sling off the next day which freaked me out bec.I was not ready for that... he said he wanted to get my rehab going and get me back on the bike. He told me you know how to train, now put that into your rehab! How could I argue? One week later, I was sweatin' with Spinervals! : )
    Cece

    ReplyDelete